General patient information
At the SLCSN, patients are the driving force behind everything we do. We understand that shared information is essential for empowering patients towards improved health and the prevention of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
Here you'll find general patient information and links to other NHS sites.
For detailed clinical information, please explore the other pages on the navigation bar to the left.
'We will ensure patients have the right information, at the right time with the right support...'
- What we do: An overview of the role of the SLCSN
- General cardiac patient information
- General stroke patient information
- Healthy living
- When to call 999 - from the London Ambulance Service
- Be a patient expert
- External associations/links
- Research info
- Health terms explained
- NHS jargon buster - An A-Z listing of acronyms and abbreviations associated with health and social care.
- Cardiac and stroke terms defined - From the Essex Cardiac and Stroke Network, a list and two downloadable documents of definintions and acronyms on cardiac, stroke, and health terms.
NHS Choices links
- Emergency and urgent care services - Information and links on emergency and other services
- Minor injuries units (MIUs) - assessment and treatment for minor injuries such as sprains and strains.
- NHS walk-in centres - advice, assessment and treatment for minor ailments and injuries such as cuts, bruises, minor infections, strains and skin complaints.