London Cardiovascular Project
During the review of cardiovascular services across the capital, the London Cardiovascular Project (LCVP) patient panel made a number of recommendations to improve care and the overall patient experience. One of these recommendations was for all patients to be offered a Patient Passport when discharged from hospital.
The purpose of the Patient Passport is to provide information on the patient’s condition to medical staff who are not familiar with the patient. This could include ambulance staff, A&E staff, therapists, dentists or new GPs.
Following the recommendations of the patient panel, the Patient Passport has since been adopted in the quality standards of the LCVP workstreams across the capital.
- Background and information
- Appendix 1a - The Patient Passport (A5 size)
- Appendix 1b - The Patient Passport (A4 size)
- Appendix 2 - Guidance for issuing the Patient Passport to patients (for staff and clinicans)
- Appendix 3 - Patient sign-up sheet
For further information please contact us on 020 8812 5950 or or firstname.lastname@example.org.