Free for NHS staff in London
Acute stroke simulation training: Basic
Click here to view the Advanced course
These inter-professional clinical simulation courses use an interactive human patient simulator - a computer-controlled whole body manikin which speaks, breathes and has audible heart and lung sounds - to learn, practice and deliver clinical care in a close-to-real environment.
Students learn through real world scenarios which are followed by reinforcing video-assisted debriefs. In addition to this, students will learn vital non-clinical skills, such as leadership, effective communication, and dynamic prioritisation.
Funded by the London Deanery, the training is free for NHS staff in London.
- Recognition and management of acute deterioration in a stroke patient
- To explore some of the core issues of non-technical skills (NTS)
- To provide a framework for reviewing your working environment alongside human factors, and its effect on patient safety
- NHS staff in London
- Band 5 stroke ward nurses
- Junior doctors (foundation trainees or core medical trainees)
Although the course is free to attend, a £50 refundable deposit is required to secure your place. This deposit is returned upon attendance.
- 1 full training day per course
- 12 participants per course (maximum six doctors and six nurses)
|Wednesday 5th October 2011||St Thomas' Hospital|
|Friday 18th November 2011||St George's Hospital|
|Thursday 8th December 2011||Barts and The London|
|Friday 17th February 2012||Barts and The London|
|Thursday 1st March 2012||University College Hospital|
|Tuesday 22nd May 2012||Barts and The London|
|Wednesday 11th July 2012||Barts and The London|
|Tuesday 11th September 2012||University College Hospital|
|Thursday 11th October 2012||St George's Hospital|
Download and complete the booking form.
Post the booking form with a £50 refundable deposit (returned upon attendance) to:
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
St Thomas House
St Thomas' Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7EH
Please direct your enquiries to the Simulation and Interactive Learning (SaIL) Centre at St Thomas' Hospital via email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The stroke simulation training is run by four London trusts:
- Barts and The London NHS Trust
- Guy’s and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust
- St George's Healthcare NHS Trust
- University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust