How the network improves cardiac care
The South London Cardiac and Stroke Network consists of workstreams that focus on each area along the patient pathway, from prevention through rehabilitation.
Dedicated resources in the Network provide expert assistance from service improvement to collaborative commissioning to patient and public involvement.
Cardiac work areas
The SLCSN has developed cardiac dashboards for all acute Trusts and PCTs in South London for an at-a-glance view of quarterly performance against specific pathways (primary, secondary and rehabilitation), key performance indicators, national outcome goals and data sources.
National priority projects
The SLCSN has worked on high profile national priority projects in conjunction with regional organisations.
- Stroke prevention: Addressing atrial fibrillation in primary care - South East and South West London
- A comprehensive approach to cardiac rehabilitation across South London - South East and South West London
- Working with the British Heart Foundation to improve cardiac delivery services - South East and South West London
- A sector wide approach to optimising therapy for atrial fibrillation patients in primary care - South West London
- Change and innovation to improve the patient journey: St George's Hospital surgery service process redesign - South West London
- NHS Southwark: Uncovering discrepencies within heart failure - South East London
The SLCSN takes direction and priorities from national strategies and regulatory documents.
- Department of Health's 5 year plan: From good to great - Implementing our vision: a preventative, people-centred, productive NHS for 2010-2015
- Department of Health: The coronary heart disease national service framework: Building on excellence, maintaining progress (2008)
- Healthcare for London
- NHS Heart Improvement Programme
- Care Quality Commission
Contact information for our cardiac team is available online.