Atrial fibrillation (AF)
Facts about AF
- AF is the most common of all the cardiac arrhythmias and affects more than 600,000 people in England.
- AF is a major risk factor for stroke and 14% of all stroke patients have AF.
- AF increases the severity of stroke.
- Anticoagulant therapy information for patients - from the National Patient Safety Advisory
- Patient information sheet - Published by the AF Association and Arrhythmia Alliance (AA), this patient sheet is an overview of AF.
- AF factsheet - Provides five quick facts and encourages you to feel your pulse
- Poster: Know your pulse - It could save your life - from the AFA
- Know your pulse card - How to check your pulse and when to seek further advice
- Poster: Feel the beat...beat the stroke - from the AA